May has been an eventful month for me. I was in most part and parcel of some key life changing events for the people around me. A good friend suffered the loss of his father, another suffered a terrible car accident that leaves not only physical scars but an experience that will be remembered for a long time. Every cloud has its silver lining. Nonetheless, it's a journey that is probably going to shape a person quite seriously in the years to come. Personally, I have taken home a few lessons myself.
The most recent event, probably not registered yet but definitely deserving one is the marriage union of two dear friends, David & Camillia. Cam-jeh commonly known to me, is like my tai-kar-ceh, the older sister I never had. We went through quite a bit during our younger days I must say. I am quite amazed at our friendship even and we've stuck through and through for one another. I have always had much respect for her - good head on her shoulders, great character and definitely a sweet charmer that genuinely proves her personality. We've probably talked about most things under the sky - bitching also about every other possible thing. We even used to be partners in crime in the good ol' days in Melbourne. Memories I tell you, simply great memories.
She tied the knot over the weekend with donkey i.e. David, fondly known as. He's a really witty gem I must say. haha. His thank you speech was hillarious.
I had the privilege to emcee the church wedding over the weekend. I was nervous as fish-out-of-water going to the sashimi chef kind of ordeal. I have never done it before in my life. Obviously, I seeked help and comfort from those who have done it before, prayed dearly about it and also thought over many times, if I had the honour to speak and chair a ceremony at the wedding, what would be the one thing I would like to communicate?
LOVE. God's love that transcends all time as one put it. I simply say, "May His unfailing love us translates into an unfailing love for one another".
Thankfully, the wedding went really - really sweet and swift.
As usual, at all weddings, there are many SYTs floating around, all in their divine costumes and sweet demeanour. Wonderful smiles too to boot. Ah, the beautiful potrait canvas to be wife searching at such events. Standing from the pulpit, you get to catch some of the eye-to-eye action and grin exchange that lurks me for an uncanny like kind of smile as I stood my ground.
By the wedding of the ceremony and also the wedding dinner in which I had to give thanks for the food, I was surely labeled as a most definite church boy and was classed as a regular do-er of such events. You get mixed responses sometimes, more shocking for the others not me, secular friends who attended were rather surprised I took such an angle in my presentation. I ultimately hold true that God is centrepiece of my life.
Catching up with old shadows of Wesley Methodist and random Melbournians was quite entertaining. So there it was, in the month end closing of May - it ended with a good note of quick drinks and pleasant food. The theme stating a touch of blue seems fitting in this entry.
But I'm far from feeling the monday blues.
I'm just all suit up.
The most recent event, probably not registered yet but definitely deserving one is the marriage union of two dear friends, David & Camillia. Cam-jeh commonly known to me, is like my tai-kar-ceh, the older sister I never had. We went through quite a bit during our younger days I must say. I am quite amazed at our friendship even and we've stuck through and through for one another. I have always had much respect for her - good head on her shoulders, great character and definitely a sweet charmer that genuinely proves her personality. We've probably talked about most things under the sky - bitching also about every other possible thing. We even used to be partners in crime in the good ol' days in Melbourne. Memories I tell you, simply great memories.
She tied the knot over the weekend with donkey i.e. David, fondly known as. He's a really witty gem I must say. haha. His thank you speech was hillarious.
I had the privilege to emcee the church wedding over the weekend. I was nervous as fish-out-of-water going to the sashimi chef kind of ordeal. I have never done it before in my life. Obviously, I seeked help and comfort from those who have done it before, prayed dearly about it and also thought over many times, if I had the honour to speak and chair a ceremony at the wedding, what would be the one thing I would like to communicate?
LOVE. God's love that transcends all time as one put it. I simply say, "May His unfailing love us translates into an unfailing love for one another".
Thankfully, the wedding went really - really sweet and swift.
As usual, at all weddings, there are many SYTs floating around, all in their divine costumes and sweet demeanour. Wonderful smiles too to boot. Ah, the beautiful potrait canvas to be wife searching at such events. Standing from the pulpit, you get to catch some of the eye-to-eye action and grin exchange that lurks me for an uncanny like kind of smile as I stood my ground.
By the wedding of the ceremony and also the wedding dinner in which I had to give thanks for the food, I was surely labeled as a most definite church boy and was classed as a regular do-er of such events. You get mixed responses sometimes, more shocking for the others not me, secular friends who attended were rather surprised I took such an angle in my presentation. I ultimately hold true that God is centrepiece of my life.
Catching up with old shadows of Wesley Methodist and random Melbournians was quite entertaining. So there it was, in the month end closing of May - it ended with a good note of quick drinks and pleasant food. The theme stating a touch of blue seems fitting in this entry.
But I'm far from feeling the monday blues.
I'm just all suit up.
Labels: Events of life

wesley methodist? as in...my wesley methodist? as in the school that i love wesley methodist?
Wesley methodist church? That's where I used to be before BGC actually, I had like my sunday school camps and early youth camps there. But we've all grown up now :)
for a while there i tot SYTs was Sei Yan Taus..hhahaha..dun fart hao la 2.C.L.F.T!!!
hahahaha :P